Rules of the Road
1. How would Jenna describe herself?
2. In what point of view is the story told? How do you know? What are the advantages of telling a story from this point of view?
3. Explain the relationship between Jenna and Faith from Jenna's point of view.
In a paragraph, describe why Jenna likes Gladstone's. What does working there offer her?
1. Identify a simile in Chapter 3. What do you think it means?
2. Why do you think Mrs. Gladstone says that Jenna reminds her of herself as a girl?
3. Why does Jenna's mother finally allow her to go on the trip with Mrs. Gladstone after first refusing?
Writiing: Jenna describes her motto as "Cope or Die." Explain in a paragraph why you think she decided on this motto.